Oh, friends. If the title of this recipe didn't entice you, please look at the picture. This is what heaven on a Saturday morning looks like. It took about 30 minutes to make and literally had me dancing around the kitchen and making slightly inappropriate sounds while eating it.
Confession-I am a bit intimidated by baking. Much of the time you can cook by feel, without being too precise about measurements or technique. Not so with baking. I've messed up too many desserts and learned this the hard way. Not only is this delightful little tart so rich, but it's hard to goof. All you need are 6 ingredients, the most important being Nutella. (Just a jar of this and a spoon is a dessert in itself.)
I used a frozen pie crust, but it would obviously taste even better with homemade crust. If you're this ambitious, I'm jealous. Touche.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press dough into an oven safe dish.
2. Spread a
huge generous layer of Nutella across the crust.
3. Thinly slice and layer pears on top.
4. Melt about 1/3 cup of marmalade. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Brush over the pears.
5. Lastly, chop and sprinkle hazelnuts over the top. (These could easily be substituted for chopped pecans or walnuts.)
6. Bake 18-20 minutes until crust is golden brown.