I am a bit intimidated by baking. I prefer cooking because much of the time you can cook by feel, without being too precise about measurements or technique. I've messed up too many desserts to know this isn't the case with sweets. Not only is this delightful little tart so rich, but it's hard to goof. All you need are 6 ingredients, the most important being Nutella. (Just a jar of this and a spoon is a dessert in itself.)
I used a frozen pie crust, but it would obviously taste even better with homemade crust. If you're this ambitious, I'm jealous. Touche.
1. Start by pressing your dough into an oven safe dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread a
huge generous layer of Nutella across the crust.
3. Thinly slice and layer pears on top.
4. Melt about 1/3 cup of marmalade. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Brush over the pears.
5. Lastly, chop and sprinkle hazelnuts over the top. (These could easily be substituted for chopped pecans or walnuts.)
6. Bake about 20 minutes until crust is golden brown.