I've yet to meet a pizza I didn't like, but there are some I love more than others. This is one of my favorites. It's hard to go wrong when you start with a basil pesto. I've had several different versions of this, but I made mine with herbed goat cheese and some of my favorite veggies. Start with the dough. (Mine came from a mix, but you could get a premade dough from your local bakery or even the premade dough at the grocery store.) Then pick up the following ingredients. Dinner in about 30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After preparing dough, flour surface and roll out to a thickness of your liking.
2. Seed and thinly slice tomatoes and shallots. Mince garlic and set aside.
3. Grate about 1 cup of parmesean. Next, drain the olives and artichoke hearts.
4. Place dough on a pizza stone or greased pan. Spread pesto liberally onto the dough.
5. Sprinkle parmesean. Layer vegetables and goat cheese. Sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes. I added some fresh chopped basil on top.
7. Savor every last bite and feel free to make noises if necessary.
Today is the first day of the the last full week of school. (You can't see me now, but I'm doing a happy dance as I type.) Stu and I are sitting down to write our summer bucket list tonight...Some might say that making a "to do" list completely misses the point of summer. I want to enjoy every second of freedom and look back in two months without ever having to say "Oh yeah, we forgot about _____. Guess we'll do that next year." Nope- we're packing it all into one summer.
I'm not just talking about the big stuff, I mean the little things like going to a drive in or making s'mores in the backyard. Those are just as important as big road trips or parties at the house. I'm just ready for the pace of life to slow way down and stay that way until August 1.
Linked up with...