*This post sponsored by Dawn.
I love a trifle in the summer time. Cream, cookies, and fruit. There's something so basic and wonderful about that combination. Berries and peaches are in peak season right now, so this was a really delightful treat on a day when the temps were in the 100's. Yes, 102 was the high. Uggh. We are in Canada this week where the temps are much cooler. (Leaving the country is a bit of a weird way to spend the 4th of July, huh?) I think this would be a great dessert for a family picnic or gathering on the 4th.Forgive me, I didn't shoot a shopping list picture this time, but here's what you'll need pick up at the store:
-vanilla pudding (instant or homemade)
1. Prepare and chill vanilla pudding. (Either instant, premade, or homemade.)
2. Heat 1/2 cup of peach preserves on medium low heat until it liquifies. Remove from heat.
3. Wash fruit and slice the peaches.
4. Add 1 cup of whipping cream and 1/4 cup of sugar to stand mixer and mix until soft peaks form. (About 4 minutes.)
5. While cream is mixing, dip lady finger cookies in the peach preserves. Set aside on a plate or pan.
6. Begin layering custard, cookies, cream and fruit. (Sometimes I forget the order I started and just start piling things on top of each other. You can't really mess this up.)
7. Enjoy immediately:)
When you're finished, you'll need to clean up...or you could just stick all the dishes in the sink with a squirt of the blue stuff. Dawn sat on my grandmother's and mother's sink tops my entire life. Since my grandmother washed all her dishes by hand for decades, a day when she ran out of Dawn was a bit of a crisis. I don't even remember hand soap in her kitchen. Nope, Dawn cleaned everything that needed cleaning in that kitchen, including dirty hands.