With so many awesome DIY advent calendars popping up lately, I thought I'd pull one together last minute just for fun. Granted, mine is not nearly as chic as this one or stunning as this one. However, I spent $7 and only 30 minutes making this little guy.
-Felt or poster tree (dollar store $1)
-Chocolate candy coins (dollar store $1 x 3 bags)
-Gift tags (50% off at Hobby Lobby- $1 each)
-Paper punch outs
1. Place the coins on the tree in an arrangement you like. (Mine wouldn't all fit, so I knew I'd be making little "presents" to fit underneath.)
2. Use a pea sized dab of glue to glue candy wrapper to the felt.
3. For the "gift boxes", simply fold tags in half and staple on the sides. Slip coin in the pockets.
4. Label numbers on paper circles and glue to coins or gift tags.
5. Allow glue to dry completely before moving or hanging the tree up.
My plan is to use heavy duty magnets and stick the tree to the side of our fridge. You could also hot glue dowel rods to the back of the tree and prop it up on a little wooden stand.
The good thing about making your advent calendar a couple days late? Two pieces of chocolate on one day. Oh, and I needed that extra chocolate today. I had about 3 hours sleep last night...Trying to keep up with work and decorating for the holidays while pregnant and sleep deprived is proving to be quite the challenge.
I am very excited to show you guys some of the projects that I finished this weekend (swollen ankles and all.) Head back this week for much more!!
Linking up with these ladies...